31 October 2011

Storm survival workout

Well the Northeast was smashed by an early storm this weekend and while I had good intentions of enjoying some of the white stuff, I simply havent found the time. Heck getting internet and fuel for the generator was a challenge.

My own situation this weekend involved serveral hours of shoveling, plowing, and hours more of lifting the chain saw, logs and limbs. I'm told we have 4 more days without power so we are in lifeboat rules at our house with generator on critical circuits only. We and the neighbors are fine and I hope you all are as well.

 I hope to get back on track with my personal plan but I did count the lifting as a strenth training cross training workout. I do hope to get in a few laps at least around the yard before it all melts later this week. 14" takes a few days to melt.

In the mean time, here is an Nutrition Edge article from Jeff Galloway (a former olympian) I received as a subscriber to his free email newsletter. Good stuff for all athletes. I ran my first two Marathons with Jeff's run/walk interval training plan and think that this type of start/stop is very similar to the downhill/uphill combinations we will be doing in our biathlon.

Another great resource is beginnertriathlete.com for training, nutrition and motivation from multisport amature enthusiasts.

Stay warm, its a winter out there.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment