25 October 2012

Winter comes

Hey team,

 Its starting to get cold and that means safe winter training! Get out there and start getting your cold weather lungs adjusted.

I'd like to welcome back the MA guard team to the training season. I look forward to working with you developing strength, technique and with development opportunity build up for this season Biathlon season.

I hope everyone had a good summer and have maintained or improved your cardio. I know my own fall race schedule is coming to a successful close. Keeping up on cycling and running are two key elements of a successful ski season so if you haven't been hitting the tar or gym, lets get busy!

A couple of items of note before I share a great roller ski article I read this week.

1) It snowed already out west and our very own weatherman has confirmed that patterns could result in awesome snow this year. Lets hope things are way better than last year.

2) I have a DVD "Cheeta Fast" to share with a teammate who wants an awesome lactate threshold treadmill workout. Its from the Runnervals series by Coach Troy Jacobson. You may know him from Spinnervals cycle training workouts and all his DVD's are first rate.

3)I'll be doing some site maintenance and putting up better local events of interest schedule events and I have committed to a post every 2 weeks or less. If you find an event you will be attending, let me know and I will share it as well. I won't focus on only Biathlon because so much of our sport is ski racing, there are plenty of opportunity to participate around the region. Ever feel like skiing up-hill for 10k? Try Ski to the Clouds March 13 and something outside the box to consider. There are plenty of training sites in the region and we can even do a few meet ups between the team at locations such as Weston Ski Track, MA or places like Bretton Woods Nordic Center, NH.

Now to the article.  This is a great review on what to look for in the roller ski hardware. I found it this week over at Snow Sport England here: http://www.snowsportengland.org.uk/roller-skiing-equipment
they cover what roller ski to be using for training and why. This goes beyond what were were discussing the last season about what makes for a good rollerski.

I look forward to a great training season and great races this winter. Good luck to everyone and welcome back Winter.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment